This contractor has a firm grip on the Christchurch market. With a number of commercial projects already underway and more to start, they require an additional Quantity Surveyor to join their team here in the garden city. The project in question is $20M+ commercial project.
With a number of projects under your belt already and a proven track record in the New Zealand construction sector, you will be looking for a role which can offer diversity and larger project exposure.
The salary will be dependent on the level of exposure to the industry and can go beyond the stated salary for the right candidate. Ideally, they require the skills of an Intermediate quantity surveyor, however, if your level of experience is at the junior level and you have the qualities and skills to move into a more intermediate role, this client is still very keen to hear from you. You will have prior quantity surveyor experience and have the ability to work well with those around you. The ability to forge client relationships and manage the front-end process with clients is essential.
Team: fun – work hard play hard attitude, driven, focused and deliver on time
What the role needs:
- 3-5 years experience in the light commercial/ commercial sector (ideally working on $15 - $20 million projects)
- Development of costs and budgets from the concept stage through to financial completion
- Working closely with your client to provide up to date financial progress
- Negotiating with contractors and suppliers throughout the construction process
- Completing detailed measurement, cost reporting and contract administration
- Completing monthly financial reports for both client and internal management
- Identifying and managing variations and additional works
- Excellent communication skills at all levels with the ability to build relationships
To apply, have a confidential chat about this opportunity/other alternative positions available or discuss your career direction and potential, please contact Tanya Guerin on (0) 3 335 3844
The Randstad CPE team (Construction, Property and Engineering), Claire French (Civil Construction), Tanya Guerin (Commercial and Residential Construction), Sharon Xu (Design Engineering) are currently resourcing for a number of permanent and contract positions. For full details please visit our website at www.randstad.co.nz or call the team on 0800 86 96 75. Thank you.
Only those with a Valid Work Visa or Full Working Rights for New Zealand will be considered.