Do you enjoy talking and interacting with people from all "walks of life"? If so, don’t miss out on this great opportunity!
Randstad are currently recruiting for Survey / Field Interviewers to join the Field Collections team at Statistics New Zealand for a 6 week temporary assignment.
About Statistics New Zealand
Statistics New Zealand – Tatauranga Aotearoa are responsible for collecting and analysing data, which is used to change the lives of New Zealanders .
The Field Collections team is responsible for collecting survey information from households and businesses across New Zealand. The information collected is used by Statistics New Zealand to produce meaningful stories about New Zealand to help people make informed decisions.
Statistics New Zealand has an opportunity for an enthusiastic, motivated Interviewer to join their Field Collections team.
As a Field Interviewer you will be visiting selected households to conduct face-to-face interviews. You'll be given all the tools you need to succeed, great training and on-going support.
The hourly rate for this role is $20.36 plus allowances for travel and work expenses.
Shifts and hours
This is a role in which hours will vary, including both evening and weekend work. You MUST therefore before flexible with your working hours.
Generally it will be a part time position, however there will be periods where you will be required to work 30 hours per week. It is estimated that the weekly average expected hours will be 20 for your geographical location. Please note these hours may fluctuate dependent on business requirements.
This role will require you to be available for 4 days of full-time training in Whanganui upon starting in the role.
We are looking for candidates to start in this role early April with the contract expected to end mid-May
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Have proven experience delivering exceptional customer service;
- Be an excellent communicator with strong listening and negotiating skills;
- Be able to interact with a diverse range of people;
- Be organised and have excellent time management skills;
- Be confident using a computer; AND
- Have the ability to remain calm in high pressure situations.
Previous market research or door to door sales experience is an advantage, but not required.
To apply for this role, you MUST:
- Have a clean, current FULL New Zealand driver’s license;
- Have a clean criminal record;
- Be a New Zealand Citizen, Resident, or have a valid open work visa with at least 12 months available on it;
- Have reliable access to your own vehicle;
- Have access to a broadband internet connection at home;
- Live in the immediate area being surveyed; AND
- Be flexible with your working hours, including being available to work evenings and weekends.
Should you meet all the requirements, please apply by clicking on the link below.