Our client values your civil background, your practical understanding of Civil Construction and your ability to think on your feet and solve problems. You know how to build and manage an effective team on-site and have started to develop some management skills. This is your chance to make a change, secure a genuine opportunity to make that next step in your career.
This leading and dynamic Contracting business operates across New Zealand, specialising in the construction of subdivisions, roads, bridges, landscaping, car parks, infrastructure etc
This Contractor is seeking a motivated Foreman who can competently manage construction activities on-site and drive and develop their team to be successful.
Key accountabilities will be:
- Providing on-site supervision of your crew and ensure that all works are completed in accordance with contract/work instructions.
- Provide practical on-site solutions
- Preferred skills in operating machines and driving heavy trucks/ roller truck/ wheels
- Manage all subcontractors on construction site
- Take active part in the project team, strengthen relationships with subcontractor companies and suppliers by providing practical solutions
- Build and maintain productive internal and external relationships
- Responsible for Health and safety on-site in accordance with NZ legislation
You will be looking for:
- Challenge that will enable you to grow and develop your current skill base
- The chance to prove yourself in a management role
- A team approach, the opportunity to manage and coach others
Your experience will be welcome regardless of your background whether it is civil construction, utilities, drainage, paving, road construction. Having experience on civil projects in the high urban area will definitely be advantageous.
In return for your hard work, dedication and level of experience you bring to the team you will be rewarded with a competitive salary package, the levels of which will be determined by the experience of the successful applicant.
Only those with a Valid Work Visa or Full Working Rights for New Zealand will be considered.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link or email your updated CV as a Word Document to firstname.lastname@example.org Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Sharon Xu on (0) 3 335 3815
The Randstad CPE team (Construction, Property and Engineering), Claire French (Civil Professional Specialist), Tanya Guerin (Commercial and Residential Professional Specialist), Sharon Xu (Talent Resourcing Specialist) are currently resourcing for a number of permanent and contract positions. For full details please visit our website at www.randstad.co.nz or call the team on 0800 86 96 75. Thank you.
Randstad currently have a number of construction requirements; please visit our website at www.randstad.co.nz for regular updates. SK916752A